This week im making my best friends 20th birthday cake.. and she well doesnt like cake! so I'm making her a baileys baked cheesecake, ill publish pictures later but heres the recipe. Im also making chocolate brownie pops and miniture doughnut pops as little bits to go with it.. Try it for yourself
- 175g Biscuits for the base, smashed up- I like to use a mix of chocolate digestives and cookies.
- 4TBS of coco powder- I tend to used cadburys
- 2TBS of icing sugar
- 2.OZ(50g) melted butter(slightly salted)
- 725g Of cream cheese (original Philidelphia for ex)- can alter 125g for mascapone or sour cream
- 9.OZ sugar prefferably caster
- 4TBS coco powder
- 3TBS plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 5TBS BAILEYS dont put more than 7 in as the mixture will not set fully
- Beat the biscuits and the icing sugar and 5tbs of coco to the melted butter and stir until everything is combined. Press it down into a tin(loose based ones are best- lined)
- bake this at 180 (fan oven 175) for ten mins
- leave on the side with a towel over
- turn the oven up to 230 (220/gm8)
- whip the cream cheese in a large bowl add the sugar,flour and coco and beat on high speed with the whisk untill it turns smooth and glossy.
- whip the eggs in a separate bowl and add them one table spoon at a time so the mixture doesnt curdle. mix well between adding the egg.
- Fold in the Baileys and mix for a couple of minutes on a low speed.
add to the cooled biscuit base and bake for ten minutes.
WITHOUT opening the oven turn the heat down to 120 (110) and leave for 60 minutes when you take it out, if you gently shake the tin it should wobble a small amount.
leave in the tin for about ten minutes before attempting to remove it run a knife around the edge.